January is the perfect time to hit the reset button and start the year off on the right foot, however If you're feeling demotivated or unproductive, don't worry – you're not alone.
The start of a new year can be overwhelming, and it's easy to lose sight of your goals and priorities, plus struggle to get back into the working mode after the festivities of December.
If you're finding it tough to leave the relaxation and fun of the holidays behind, fear not! We've created a list of 5 things you can do to make the transition a little easier and start the new year off on the right foot to make 2023 your best year yet.
- Set yourself up for success: One of the best ways to feel good about getting back to work is to have a clear sense of what you want to accomplish. Take some time to think about your goals for the new year and make a list of specific and achievable objectives. This will give you a sense of direction and motivation, and help you stay focused on what you want to achieve. Break these down month-by-month so you can have the satisfaction of ticking them off in small increments!
- Establish a daily routine: It can be helpful to have a routine in place to help you stay organised and on track. Figure out what works best for you and try to sticks much as possible. This might include setting aside specific times for different tasks, such as emails in the morning only, or no meetings after 4pm. We recommend injecting some stretches and yoga to keep the brain and body supple and active!
- Make your workspace a place you enjoy being: A cluttered and disorganised workspace can be distracting and make it hard to stay focused. Take some time to tidy up your desk and get rid of any unnecessary items. A clean and organised space can help you feel more productive and motivated. If you're a 100% WFH then getting out the house and getting a change of scenery will inject some much needed energy into your work week. A shared workspace offers you a way to get out the house but stay motivated alongside like-minded people.
- Remember to take breaks: It's important to step away from your work throughout the day to rest and recharge. Taking breaks can help you stay fresh and avoid burnout. Make sure to schedule in time for breaks and use them to do something you enjoy, whether it's going for a walk around the block, chatting with a colleague, or just taking a few minutes to relax.
- Find joy in your work: It's easy to get caught up in the day-to-day tasks of your job, but it's important to remember why you love what you do. Think about the things that bring you joy and fulfilment in your work, and try to focus on those as much as possible.
By following these tips, you can start the new year off feeling good about getting back to work. It might not be easy, but with a little effort and a positive attitude, you can make this your best year yet.
Get in contact with us to arrange your free trial of The Halley workplace and meet like-minded people in a bright and invigorating space - plus take advantage of our roster of wellbeing and professional sessions, such as free yoga, member socials, and masterclasses!
Interested? Email email@example.com